Friday, July 25, 2008

YOU OWE $31,302.33 - Thank Bush and Republicans

DO THE MATH! You CAN'T "Lower Taxes. Raise Spending. Balance the Budget."

"I'll lower taxes, raise spending on the war, and balance the budget." John McCain.

It started with Ronald Reagan and his famous "Reagonomics," which was code for, "I'm going to tell you I can do the impossible, because that sounds so much better than telling you the truth, and that's what you want to hear anyway."

That's like me saying, "I'm not going to earn as much money, I'm going to spend more, and yet somehow I am going to magically make my budget balance at the end of the month.

How? HOW?

DO THE FREAKING MATH, PEOPLE!

Amazingly, no one bothered to ask how Reagan would do it. The press simply never asked the question so he didn't have to answer.

And the result--the largest deficit in history--until now, of course.

Then President Clinton managed to not only pay off this deficit in record time, but turn it into a surplus.

Then along comes yet another Republican who, in nearly the blink of an eye, not only burns through the surplus but plunges the country into a unprecedented, huge deficit that, as of July 2008, is approximately $31,000 PER PERSON. That's right -- because of George W. Bush and Dick W. Cheney and the Republican W. Pimps in the congress and senate, you and your children owe over $31,000--and that's just for the deficit!

Um, let's see, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PAY IT OFF?

Huh?

It WILL come out of your pocket eventually.

The war debt alone is more than $10,000 PER PERSON!

Where will this money come from? Well, not from corporations, oh no, we can't tax them, that's bad for the economy! Gas companies, no, they're only making billions, that's not enough.

WTF?

By the way, the current national deficit is
9,528,997,575,696.25

I think that's a quadrillion, but it's so big I don't know, and so big none of us can envision that much. I can't even really envision a billion (a thousand million). But I can envision $31,000, I know what that will buy, and what you and I won't be able to buy as we have to spent it paying off George W. Bush's debt.

(See the National Debt Clock)

No comments:

ShareThis